Thursday, February 22, 2018

And the T-shirt road trip continues....

So just weeks after New Orleans came Disney (March 15, 2017).  Some friends decided to give each member of our family (the 4 of us) a 3-day pass to Disney.  So we would spend part of our Spring Break in March using our Disney passes.  Wow!  At this point (well, even before this) I felt overwhelmed.  It had been nearly too much good in too short a time- I could hardly take it.  I don't know if you've ever felt that way... but that is how I felt.  I had gotten these big gifts (Mexico, New Orleans, Disney) so close together and I felt like I could hardly take anymore good things coming my way.  I may have even feared more good happening because it was all so overwhelming - maybe too good to be true.

Our first day using the Disney passes, we went with our friends (who had given us the passes) to the Magic Kingdom.  The wife of that family mentioned she and her family (total of 4) would be wearing their Mexico shirts (they were some of the people that signed the shirt also) to Disney- she thought that would be a good place to wear them since people from all over the world are at Disney.  I had never thought about wearing the shirts to Disney.  But I am glad she did.  Our family decided to wear our shirts as well.  So there were 8 of us walking around Disney in our matching shirts that day.  Disney, a place where people from all over the world come to visit, seems like a great place to be wearing shirts that have a message of love for the world.  Thanks for thinking to wear the shirts there, Cari!

And thankfully we had the shirts around a few days later when our family went to Epcot; that seemed like a good place to where them as well (and I probably would not have thought to bring them at all if it weren’t for Cari’s idea to wear them to the Magic Kingdom) -so 3 out of 4 of us were wearing the Mexico shirts.  I definitely wanted to check with the family about what would be their top picks of things to do/see while at Epcot.  But I also had my own agenda.  I told my husband and daughters that I wanted to go to “Mexico” while at Epcot (if you haven’t been to Epcot or are not that familiar with it- it has a large section which has shops, restaurants, etc that are to represent different countries around the world- Mexico included)- I mean, how could we not go to Mexico 🇲🇽 when we were wearing the Mexico shirts!?!

Well, before heading to Mexico, we went to England.   A young lady working in the tea room there that was from Chelmsford, England asked about the shirt.  If I remember correctly, she thought that the message was “lovely” (said in her beautiful Brit accent :0).  

Now, off to Mexico (Epcot version)!  While in Mexico we met and talked with two employees there, Diego and Manuel.  They were VERY excited about the shirt.  Diego in particular expressed how he was moved by the message on it (and I think all of the signatures impacted him as well).  I wish everyone that was a part of the Mexico shirt could have been there with us to hear Diego (he was nearly in tears) and Manuel- and to see the expressions on their faces.  I think one of the greatest gifts to me is when I can see in someone’s face (or hear in their voice) that they know they are loved - that they have been sent a message of love and they heard it; felt it; believed it and are encouraged by it.  That is what happened with Diego and Manuel- it was a beautiful moment.  

We had our picture taken with Manuel and Diego, and they approved of me sharing the picture publicly (and asked a coworker to take a picture of us all as well, so that they would have their own picture!).  So, meet Diego (on left) Manuel  (on right):






If you ever happen to go to Epcot and are in Mexico, I would encourage you to ask around for Diego and Manuel (I realize that they may not still work there and/or may not be working on that day) and say hello!  I am sure that if they were there, they would be happy to see you!




No comments:

Post a Comment